Rebranding January 2019
When I started Brave Fitness almost 2 years ago, I set out to reach the people like me. The ones who were afraid of joining a gym. The non athletes. People who struggle with mental illness. People with no clue where to start. The hopeless. And everyone who was discouraged.
This has always been the mission. And it always will be. But I feel like I have personally branched out from that in many ways and it hit me very abruptly in the past couple weeks. So I am very excited and so ready to bring it back to home base, where I can better serve you all!
I'm working on more certifications right now (NASM Nutrition and CrossFit Level 1) so that I can be an even stronger knowledge base for you. We are also launching in person training from our coaches across the country. Right now its only available in Annapolis, but we are quickly expanding!
Along with this re-centering, we wanted to redo the logo. The original one I created on a whim with a font I liked. (I'm far from a design professional). But there are a couple problems with it.
1. It doesn't speak to our target audience. The brush strokes are cool, but they are aggressive. It would much better fit body builders or pro athletes, not someone intimidated to start their journey.
2. It was very hard to reproduce. The brush strokes are so intricate that it was very difficult to reproduce and have it look right. Print and sew are difficult with so many tiny marks. It also never looked right unless it was black and white. Which meant no color (and you all know how I like my color 🌈 😉)
With that being said, welcome the new fresher look!
The new logo solves all the print issues from before, but also tells the mission better we think.
- The stylizing of the 'A' shows an upward arrow representing improvement. We're on a constant journey of improvement, not perfection.
- The 'E' creates an equals sign =. Representing equality for all of us! I think it goes without saying that EVERYONE is welcome here. We've strived to keep that by making sure every single person we have brought into the Braves is a genuinely awesome person and loves to encourage others whether or not they are different.
- And 'fitness' is in all lower case because we're here for the little guys. Come as you are.
Thanks so much for following our journey! We are very excited for these changes. Today it's just the logo, but in the coming months, expect more. The first big change was the free daily workout program on Instagram. So if you missed that. Check out @brave.fit on IG for the Brave Daily plan. Or download the Brave Fitness app from https://brave.fit/daily
~ Coach Alex Ray, Founder